This is my newly-designed, nearly-completed, CNC electronics enclosure. I made this from a combination of 5mm and 6mm plywood that was sitting around the shop. The end-panels were cut to accept 60mm fans (one on each end of the machine) to keep the insides cool. I added the OpenBuilds and OX logos because it looked a little barren without anything on that side of the enclosure.
I was trying to figure out the process for sign/plaque engraving, so I put together a little baseball plaque for my son. This is edge-glued spruce with a pecan stain and polyurethane.
I have been working with my router on some shop carts, and I needed a way to accurately round-off the corners on one of the cart tops I was making. I decided to use the CNC machine to cut some templates in varying sizes for the future. Pictured here are the “raw” templates that will have aluminum angle attached to two sides. Using these is super-simple! Simply hold the jig against the ...[Read More]
After seeing this on Pinterest, I decided that I needed to make one for my daughter in English. I designed a set of vector files for it, and then cut them out of basic plywood on my Ox CNC.
This is a set of napkin holders I designed for Halloween. These were inspired by this pin on Pinterest, but designed and cut by me on my Ox CNC.
After a whole lot of messing around with my Smoothieboard controller, I decided to give up on it. I had flashed the firmware, tried everything I could find to get it properly configured, and it just kept losing steps in the X and Y directions. I had done a bunch of troubleshooting and determined that when moving in a single axis, it was fine. However, whenever it tried to run the X- and Y-axis at ...[Read More]
Today was spend doing some more clearancing for the rear section of the car, followed by a bit more dry-fitting of the body panels. This is giving me a better idea of what still needs to be clearanced. Next, I will be hard-mounting the doors to begin aligning the panels.
The 30yr old crossmember-to-radiator braces had seen better days. A quick order from RodneyDickman, some penetrating oil, and a black top-coat had these sorted out.
I have been working to disassemble the stock Fiero GT body and have gotten everything except the rear clip removed. At this point, I started modifying the Fiero chassis to allow for the new Lizardo front-clip. You can see from this test-fit photo that I have a bit more cutting and grinding to do, but this is definite progress!
My CNC machine is finally alive! This “Hello” cut is my very first cut from a file on the machine. I have spent the past couple of weeks working on soldering, wiring, and configuring the machine. I just got the limit switches yesterday, so today was the first time I could really run a full program.